Monday, December 8, 2008

28 Years With and Without John Lennon

John Lennon and Yoko Ono

I was three years old sitting in a car in California with my Mother picking up my Aunt from from her high school when the news of Lennon's death came over the speakers in our tiny Ford pick-up truck. She (my Mom) pulled over on the Ventura Highway and began to weep and so I began to weep because she felt it and I knew something had been taken from her, from everyone, a little kid in a leather seat consoling her, wiping her face with my small hands . Very few moments in my life that I can pin point my location that way, still gets me. 

So John  (cheers brother) you had it down and thank you, a dreamer too and you, have shown the most beautiful parts of a human being to me in the form of action and words. 

War is over/Instant Karma/ Working Class Hero/ I am the Walrus 


No comments: