Monday, August 25, 2008

CA Conrad's Review of Michael S. Hennessey's Last Days in the Bomb Shelter (17 Narrower Poems)





















 DON'T FUCK AROUND! GET THIS BOOK! NOW! PRINTED IN A VERY LIMITED EDITION OF ONLY 64 COPIES AND IT'S NEW, NOW, BUT WILL BE GONE VERY VERY SOON!

 


MY OWN DISASTER

 

a threatened loss

 

at 3am

 

is dimmed in its intensity

 

despite the fact

 

that I have reversed

 

childbirth.

 

 

please don't lose

 

any sleep

 

over me.

 

THIS IS POETRY WORTH LOSING SLEEP OVER IF YOU FORGET TO, FAIL TO, SOMEHOW FUCKING GIVE UP THE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE! I'm going to lose sleep tonight until I hear that you have purchased a copy. Call me at 215 563 3075 at my shitty little apartment in Philadelphia to tell me you have bought this book, please. Your MOTHERS DIDN'T GIVE BIRTH TO YOU SO YOU CAN LET such poetry to slip out of your reach. Or did they, is a question I won't answer, to be nice.


HERE'S ANOTHER SAMPLE POEM AND THE WORD "POVERTY" IN THE TITLE HAS A LINE DRAWN THROUGH IT IN THE BOOK BUT THERE IS NO WAY THAT I CAN DO THAT WITH THE LIMITED GOODREADS.COM TOOLS, SO IMAGINE, IMAGINE IT, OK? OK, GOOD!

 

MAKE A LIST OF BAD HABITS

OCCASIONED BY POVERTY POETRY:

thievery (books)

thievery (light bulbs)

thievery (photocopies)

thievery (toilet paper)

thievery (music)

thievery (lunch)

lines and phrases (borrowed)

headaches (cheap wine)

a futile sexuality

lack of serious ambition

withdrawn demeanor

anti-social behavior

over-long poetry

cultural despondency

 

How can you NOT want to read this entire book? How can you NOT want to read this entire book? How can you NOT want to read this whole book? How can you NOT want it all? What's the matter with you if you don't? Don't call me I'll call you or maybe I won't!

 

WITH LOVE-LIKE LOVE,

CAConrad

http://CAConrad.blogspot.com

To purchase click here 

No comments: